What makes Queanbeyan a great place to explore is that it is a small and quaint town that provides a much needed escape from the huge crowds and the busy traffic of a big city. If you are looking for a holiday destination with a picturesque location, then we at Hamilton’s Queanbeyan Motel welcome you to our lovely city, Queanbeyan!
Our charming town is situated in a location that straddles New South Wales and the Australian Capital Territory. You can easily reach here in 15 minutes via bus or car if you are arriving at nearby Canberra or you decide to drive from Sydney and be in Queanbeyan in just three hours.
Where to Stay in Queanbeyan?
When talking about accommodation in Queanbeyan, we at Hamilton’s Queanbeyan Motel take pride in being one of the best motels in Queanbeyan. Located in the heart of Queanbeyan we offer you a luxurious stay at the most affordable prices. Our motel features all the amenities that a traveler expects from a great accommodation these days.
How to get around Queanbeyan via Public Transport?
If you haven’t come by car, then there is nothing to worry about! Our small town can be easily explored by foot as all the main attractions are within walking distance. Also, there are rides that you can use such as local taxi services like QBN Cabs that operate 24/7. You can book your cab by simply calling the Queanbeyan taxi number. We will recommend you to download the mobile app of the company as it will make booking cabs easier whenever you need to venture outside Queanbeyan and explore the surrounding region. Also these cabs are available for late night tours.
Moreover, you can visit nearby towns and attractions by local buses. The fares are quite affordable! However, you will have to follow their timetables! You may need to wait longer for the local buses at times.
Things to do in Queanbeyan
You can see and do a lot of things in Queanbeyan, starting from the local museum where you can gain knowledge about the fascinating history of the city and more. Also, there is the Queanbeyan Performing Arts Centre where you can enjoy a show. However, we would suggest you spend quality time in the open air when you are in Queanbeyan as the ambiance is calm and pleasant. You can take a walk along the river banks or stroll through the splendid Queen Elizabeth II Park.
If you are done with exploring the town, it’s time for you to start exploring the vicinity that include the enthralling Mysterious Moonlight Tour or a trip to the incredible Molonglo Gorge or visit the Googong Dam.
For shopaholics, you may not find malls in Queanbeyan but that doesn’t mean the city will disappoint you! You can buy items from local artisans and check out handmade fairs held in the city and get yourself some unique stuff for your home or friends.
Upcoming Events You Can Take Delight In
Some of the most interesting events that you can enjoy on your next trip to Queanbeyan include:
- AUSTRALIAN LOVE STORIES (20 Mar – 1 Aug 2021): Swoon over more than 200 artworks from across photography, painting, works on paper and small sculpture that depict love.
- BEATRIX CHRISTIAN’S THE GOVERNOR’S FAMILY (1-17 Jul 2021): Join with the REP Company as they take you to Government House in Sydney 1897. The newly appointed Governor Mountgarrett is coming to grips with representing Her Majesty Queen Victoria.
- BEHIND THE LINES 2020: THE YEAR IN POLITICAL CARTOONS (26 Nov 2020 – 15 Nov 2021): Behind the Lines presents the best political cartoons from 2020, including digital cartoons for the first time. With the fitting theme, ‘A dog’s breakfast’, the exhibition helps us make sense of ‘what the pup’ happened in 2020.
- COLLECTION HIGHLIGHTS TOUR (19 Dec 2020 – 31 Dec 2021): Join the National Portrait Gallery for a free 30 minute guided tour touching on aspects of the building and some of the collection.
- DEMOCRACY. ARE YOU IN? (20 Mar – 31 Dec 2021): Democracy. Are You In? is a contemporary exhibition that aims to encourage visitors to recognise that our freedoms and our way of life are built on the foundation of democracy.
- HAPPY AND GLORIOUS (20 Mar – 31 Dec 2021): The Museum of Australian Democracy (MoAD) at Old Parliament House presents Happy and Glorious – an exhibition dedicated to The Queen’s Visit in 1954.
There are many more events that you can take part in and enjoy by making a stay at Hamilton’s Queanbeyan Motel, one of your best motels in Queanbeyan, NSW.